Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 To-Do List

So technically, this was written yesterday.  Same difference.


I sit here on January 1, 2011 in the middle of a Filipino household in the Poconos (so basically, the wilderness for me).  The youngins are playing games, the old folk are line dancing (after the failed karaoke), and the even older folk are sleeping.  And here I am writing this.

I’m fond of my lists.  Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, here is a to-do list for 2011.  I guess it’s actually just a collection of dreams, hopes, wishes, and advice, in no particular order, that I would like to keep track of for the upcoming year.  Just like any to-do list, and I will inevitably not be able to fulfill all of these.  But let’s just say I’ll try a little harder this time around.


1) Hook up with an Indian boy.
2) Finally declare my Interdepartmental major.
3) Get one of my secrets on PostSecret.
4) Listen more.  And be more supportive of others.
5) Learn French.
6) And Portuguese.
7) Quit lying to myself.
8) Loosen up, and stop thinking too hard.
9) Sleep LESS.  Really, I can sleep when I die.
10) Take things a little more seriously.
11) Make a gown.  Preferably with African fabric.
12) Learn to save money.
13) Use time more wisely.
14) Successfully go to Africa.
15) Get a new camera.
16) Try more ethnic cuisines.
17) Fear less, and just go for it.
18) Have no regrets.
19) Get a “real” job.  Or internship.  Or anything.
20) Pretend to like my family harder.
21) Write more.
22) Stop waiting.  Start doing.
23) Become a Youtube celebrity.
24) Try to actually go to the gym and stop half-assing it.
25) Don't give up.  Follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search