Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shit I Learned This Semester (So Far)

On my long journey back to the Bronx, I had a lot of time to reflect on the past few months.  It has been a true roller coaster ride, and this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for having some great experiences.  The best way I could sum up these past few months was through this abridged list of 50 things, in no particular order, that I learned this semester so far.  Enjoy.



Shit I Learned This Semester (So Far)


1) Taylor Swift knows everything.
2) Panda Express fortune cookies are clairvoyant.
3) You gain more when you expect less.
4) You’re probably not fucking up as badly as you think.
5) It gets better.
6) The joy of embracing something new overshadows the pain of letting something go.
7) Late night heart-to-hearts are completely necessary.
8) When in doubt, he’s probably gay.
9) I’m still really dumb.
10) I’m okay with still being really dumb.
11) Planning and Doing are two completely different things.
12) The best friendships are unexpected.
13) College meal plans are not unlimited.
14) Having too many dreams sucks as hard as having none.
15) Nothing is definite.
16) Post Secret should be a religion.
17) I’d make a really good receptionist one day.
18) Indians are absolutely great.
19) The first line of the Mexican National Anthem.
20) Jared’s Law of Physics.
21) Everyone’s just as fucked up as you are.
22) The limbic system does not involve the limbs.
23) Art history is a bunch of bullshit.
24) Homesickness is a legitimate illness.  And so is mononucleosis.
25) Don’t blame yourself for other people’s mistakes.
26) Never trust a hobbit.
27) Sometimes you need to shut the fuck up and listen.
28) Friendships, like plants, need tender love and care to survive… and attention.
29) Tie-dye is repulsive.
30) Colon cleanse is super effective.
31) Pepper spray burns like hell.
32) Never drive a bus full of students into Canada, especially without a driver’s license.
33) Cars are completely capable of carrying more than twice their recommended capacity.
34) Homosexuals don’t have genitals.
35) “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” is a great book.
36) The Lion King was not written by Shakespeare.
37) Drag queens are really strong.
38) The children of Uganda are truly inspirational.
39) Comparison is pointless.
40) There’s nothing wrong with being lame.
41) Fruit is infinitely better with peanut butter.
42) Communication is key.
43) Jay’s Diner is a haven for greatness.
44) All movement, and lack of movement, can be considered a dance.
45) A donor can save very many baby lives with one pint of blood.
46) Gingers indeed have souls.
47) You can never have enough scarves.
48) I can climb a tree.
49) Cyclo-hexanes make beautiful crowns.
50) There are a million more things to learn.  And I’m excited for it.


Cheers to a great rest of the semester.  And Happy Thansgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. this was wonderful. And everything you said, makes me smile and be thankful for having a friend like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Paul, but the fact that I don't get half of these makes me realize that I'm not in your life enough anymore and that makes you sad.

    Sincerely,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search